- 6 cups water
- 1-1/2 lb. fish (or seafood pieces)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 to 2 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Cooking Procedures :
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot. Cover and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Skimming off any foam that rises to the top.
- Reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Remove from heat. Let it cool.
- Pour mixture through a strainer, discarding solids. Refrigerate until use. Skim fat off surface.
- Stock can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days or up to 6 months if frozen in airtight containers.