· 1 tbsp. green peppercorns in water, drained
· 3 shallots, finely chopped
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
· 1 tbsp. brandy
· salt and black pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
POUND the peppercorns using a mortar and pestle or with a fork.
ADD the shallots, butter and brandy and mix well. Season to taste.
Flavored butter makes a rich sauce for simple barbecued food. Serve a slice or two on top of chops, steaks or fish to melt and combine with the hot juices.
Timing & Preparation
· For a pouring sauce, warm the flavored butter over the barbecue just before serving.
· The butters will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, and up to 2 months in the freezer. Simply shape into a roll and freeze in plastic wrap.