- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare greased cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and almonds. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Pour into well and mix until soft, sticky dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into two rolls about 10 inches long. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Place in the center rack of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Cool on sheet for 5 minutes and then cut into slices 1/2 inch thick. Return to sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to wire racks to cool completely.