· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 lemon, thinly sliced
· juice of 1 lemon
· 3 tbsp. olive oil
· 1/2 cup finely chopped mixed of fresh parsley, oregano, sage and rosemary
· 1 tsp. fennel seeds
· black pepper and coarsely ground sea salt, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
COMBINE all the ingredients in a dish.
ADD the food and marinate.
This marinade is sufficient for 2 lb. chicken, pork or fish, or 1-1/2 lb vegetables.
Timing & Preparation
· Red meat, poultry, and game (whole and cut up) are usually marinated for up to 2 hours at room temperature or up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
· Whole fish, fillets, steaks and seafoods can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
· Vegetables and tofu can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator – overnight for tofu.
· Bring refrigerated food back to room temperature before cooking and brush off excess marinade.