- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cold water
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup skim-milk powder
Cooking Procedures :
- Whisk together lemon juice, zest, sugar, water and egg yolks. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites until fluffy. Add skim-milk powder. Beat on high speed for about 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon mixture.
- Pour into 8 small custard cups. Cover.
- Freeze for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and transfer to refrigerator about 15 minutes before serving.
- This recipe is similar to a frozen soufflé but is lighter and lower in calories.
- Because of the risk of salmonella poisoning, raw eggs should be used with caution. Cracked eggs should be avoided. Recipes calling for raw eggs should be prepared as close to serving time as possible and kept well refrigerated.
- Make this light, lower-calorie, low-fat dessert a staple in your recipe collection. Not only does it complement any meal, it is rich in vitamins C and A as well as in calcium from the skim-milk powder.
I wish more people would write sites like this that are actually helpful to read. With all the crap floating around on the internet, it is a great change of pace to read a site like yours instead.