- 1 lb. large shrimps, shelled and deveined, tail intact
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup bottled green chili sauce (salsa verde)
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro, for garnish
Cooking Procedures :
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add bell peppers; cook until tender-crisp. Remove and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter; sauté garlic until fragrant. Add shrimps; stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Add green chili and bell pepper mixture; stirring well to combine. Squeeze lemon juice over the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook shrimps until pink and opaque. Transfer to a platter. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot with or over rice.
- Serves 4.