This is the best moist banana bread recipe that I’ve ever cooked. While I was cooking this banana bread, the whole house smells delicious while it was baking and my children keeps on asking me if it is already cooked.
The tip that I’ve learned from this banana bread recipe is that if I can’t bake it right away, I can freeze the ripe bananas by storing them in a paper bag. Also to have the most flavorful and moist banana bread, use bananas that are very ripe, with brown spots all over the peel, and mash it well.
Good Luck and Enjoy!
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 to 4 ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine mashed bananas, butter, sugar and 1/4 cup milk. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the banana mixture. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla and 1/4 cup milk. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Transfer batter to a prepared pan and spread evenly. Place in the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in pan for 10 minutes. And then remove banana bread from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
I agree! I’ve tried several banana bread recipes before especially looking for those with 2 eggs as they are more moist. But, this so far is the best! I think it is the milk in the ingredient that I have not seen from other recipes. I just had to bake it longer (around 50 minutes or so) as the center does not cook as fast (must be being in the cold area), still the baking turned out even and not burnt. Love this recipe!!!
It was a succes! I placed chopped cashew nuts and left some as toppings.
the best banana bread recipe!!! i love it.