- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or thick tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil or oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Italian rolls (about 6 inches long)
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Cooking Procedures :
- Combine beef, onion and garlic in a 1 quart (1L) glass-baking dish.
- Cover. Microwave at (Power Level 10) for 7 to 8 minutes or until beef is brown, stirring twice.
- Drain off fat. Stir in pizza sauce (or tomato sauce), oregano (or basil), salt and pepper.
- Split rolls in half lengthwise and arrange in a round baking dish. Spoon on beef mixture and top with cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, at (Power Level 5) for 8 to 9 minutes or until mixture the cheese is melted and sandwiches are hot.