A tasty stir-fry. Use canned black beans and dice the sweet potato so it will cook quickly in the skillet. Serve over rice.
- 12 oz. pork tenderloin, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 14-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
Cooking Procedures :
- Season pork with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tbsp. oil and heat. Add pork and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned on outside but still pink in centre. Remove from wok and reserve.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp. oil and garlic to wok and stir-fry for 20 seconds. Add sweet potato and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add celery and black beans. Stir together, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Return meat and any juices to wok. Pour in orange juice, lime juice and stock and sprinkle with cayenne. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 1 minute. Sprinkle with coriander.
- Makes 4 servings.