- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- pastry for a two-crust, 9-inch pie
- 1 egg yolk
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook potato, about 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté pork over medium-high heat, mashing with fork, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Add stock, garlic, salt, sage and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, about 25 minutes or until almost no liquid remains; stir occasionally. Mix in mashed potatoes. Let cool.
- Roll out and line base of pie plate with pastry. Spoon in filling. Roll out remaining pastry. Brush pie rim with water; cover with top pastry and press edge to seal (crimp edges). Trim and flute.
- Mix egg yolk with 2 tsp. water; brush egg wash over top. Cut steam vents in top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top crust is golden brown and the bottom crust is cooked. If the top crust browns too early, reduce heat to 350°F (180°C).
- Serves 6.