- 1 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (not pie filling, if using canned)
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare 4 large or 6 small custard cups. Set aside.
- In a blender or a food processor, combine milk, pumpkin, sugar, egg and spices. Process until well blended.
- Pour into prepared custard cups. Bake in the center rack of the oven for about 30 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Serve warm or cold.
- Most baked custards have 2 or more eggs. This custard uses 2% evaporated milk and 1 egg to create a slightly softer version.
- This is a superb way to use up all the pumpkin you scooped out when making the jack-o’-lantern for Halloween. The custard is rich in vitamin A and calcium and makes a good finish for a lighter meal.