No experience needed to make these no-bake chocolate bars! You can double the ingredients and use a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup toasted chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. grated orange rind
- 2-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup evaporated milk (Be sure to use regular evaporated milk and not the lower-fat varieties for the brownies)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Cooking Procedures :
- In a bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows, walnuts, sugar and orange rind. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat together 2 cups of the chocolate chips, milk, and butter over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Transfer 1-1/4 cups chocolate mixture and stir into crumb mixture. Press into prepared cake pan.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips to mixture in saucepan and whisk over low heat until melted. Spread over crumb mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm. Cut into squares and serve.
- Makes 18 brownies.