- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. Russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup warm milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place garlic cloves on a small square of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap foil around garlic and place in a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- If you prefer, peel the potatoes and quartered. Put in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to hot pot and mash with masher, wooden spoon or hand held mixer. Mash in the roasted garlic. Mix in butter, warm milk and salt and pepper.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to an ovenproof dish and sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. Place in the center of the oven. Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.