- 1 lb. beef tenderloin
- 5 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 3-1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 tbsp. satay sauce
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- thinly sliced green onions, for garnishing
Cooking Procedures :
- Remove and discard fat from meat. Cut meat across the grain into thin slices. Flatten each slice slightly by pressing with fingers.
- Combine 3 tbsp. of the water, cornstarch, 1-1/2 tsp. of the soy sauce and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Mix in meat. Let stand 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine remaining 2 tbsp. water, 2 tsp. soy sauce, sherry, satay sauce, curry powder and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok (or a heavy-bottomed skillet) over high heat. Add half of the meat to the wok; spreading out slices so they do not overlap. Cook slices on each side just until light brown for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove meat from the wok. Repeat with the remaining meat and then remove it from wok.
- Add onion and garlic to the wok. Stir-fry until onion is soft for about 3 minutes. Pour in liquid mixture. Cook and stir until liquid boils. Mix in meat. Stir until well blended. Correct seasonings.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions. Serve hot.