- 2 tbsp. (25 mL) sesame seeds
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp. (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separate)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweet red pepper, diced
- 4 cups (1 L) cold cooked rice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 pkg. frozen small cooked shrimps, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
Cooking Procedures :
- In a wok (or large nonstick skillet), toast sesame seeds over medium heat, stirring until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sesame oil and 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) of the salt.
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp. (15 mL) of the vegetable oil over medium heat, swirling to coat. Pour in egg mixture and cook until beginning to set. Scrape spatula across pan to form large soft curds. Cook, scraping with spatula, until thickened and moist but no liquid remains for 2 minutes. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry white parts of onions, garlic, carrot and red pepper and remaining salt until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and water. Stir-fry until rice is hot and liquid is evaporated, about 3 minutes. Return eggs to pan. Add shrimps, peas and green parts of green onions. Stir-fry until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Serves 4.
Tip: Refrigerate rice within one hour of cooking. Keep leftover rice for no longer than 24 hours.