- 6 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 to 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Cooking Procedures :
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low. Let it simmer, covered, for 1-1/2 hours. Remove from heat. Let it cool.
- Pour mixture through a strainer, discarding solids. Refrigerate until use.
- Stock can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days or up to 6 months if frozen in airtight containers.