· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 cup unsifted whole-wheat flour
· 2 tsp. baking powder
· 1 tsp. salt
· 1 egg, slightly beaten
· 1/4 cup molasses
· 1 cup milk
· 1/4 cup melted butter (or margarine)
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 muffin cups with low fat cooking spray or paper-lined. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
3. In another bowl, combine egg, molasses, milk and butter (or margarine, if using). Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Do not over mix.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling cups three quarts full. Place in the center rack of the oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
To keep muffins at their best, freeze any which won’t be used in the first 2 days after baking. Thaw at room temperature or reheat in the microwave.