- 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Cooking Procedures :
- In a casserole, brown chicken on both sides and set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion. Pour in the stock (or water, if using) and tomato sauce. Stir to blend.
- Add in the chicken and potatoes, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow simmering for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and potatoes are tender.
- Add in bell peppers and season with salt and pepper.
- Thicken the sauce with breadcrumbs. Stir and blend and cook for another few minutes.
- Remove from heat. Transfer into a serving dish.
- Serve hot.