Adobo is indisputably Philippines official dish. There is no single original recipe because every Filipino household must have at least its own special adobo recipe.
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 lb. pork, cubed
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. peppercorn
- 1/2 water
Cooking Procedures :
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken and pork.
- Add the vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, soy sauce, peppercorn and water.
- Bring to a boil then simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Simmer covered until completely tender.
- Remove from heat and serve.