Chocolate moron is a smoother variety of suman that is made of ground glutinous (malagkit) rice cooked in coconut milk. Moron is either plain or mixed with chocolate or cocoa.
- 1/2 cup malagkit (glutinous) rice
- 1-1/2 cup ordinary rice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate or cocoa (any brand)
- banana leaves, wilted over fire
- melted butter
Cooking Procedures :
- Soak over night the malagkit and ordinary rice. Grind the following day.
- Soak both ground rice in coconut milk until soft. Add sugar and the chocolate.
- Cook over low fire, constantly stirring until thick. Set aside and cool.
- Prepare the leaves for wrapping by heating by over low fire. Brush the leaves with butter.
- Put 2 tbsp. of the mixture in every wrap. Tie with string. Repeat until all are wrapped.
- Cook/steam for half an hour in a double boiler container or a steamer.