- 1 lb. lean ground beef (or pork)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp. raisins
- 4 unripe saba bananas (or 2 banana plantains), cut in half lengthwise, to serve
- 4 Fried Eggs, to serve
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
Cooking Procedures :
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook ground beef, stirring to break up, for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Transfer meat to plate; drain off fat from pan.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until onion is translucent. Return meat to pan, add potato and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper -to taste. Add green peas and raisins; cook for 5 more minutes, or until the vegetables and meat are done. Transfer to a serving platter, keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil; pan-fry the bananas for 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly brown. Add to the meat platter and serve with Fried Eggs and cooked rice.
- Serves 4.