· 1 cup plain yogurt
· 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 onion, finely chopped or grated
· 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
· 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
· 1/2 tsp. crushed black peppercorns
· 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
· 1/4 tsp. cloves
· 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
· 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne
· 2 cardamom pods, hulls removed and seeds crushed · 1 tsp. salt
Cooking Procedures :
COMBINE all the ingredients in a shallow dish.
ADD the food and marinate.
This marinade is suitable for 2 lb. chicken, lamb or fish.
Timing & Preparation
· Red meat, poultry, and game (whole and cut up) are usually marinated for up to 2 hours at room temperature or up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
· Whole fish, fillets, steaks and seafoods can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
· Vegetables and tofu can be marinated for up to 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator – overnight for tofu.
· Bring refrigerated food back to room temperature before cooking and brush off excess marinade.