- 12 oz. (375 g) flank marinating steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. (50 mL) oyster sauce
- 4 cups (1 L) broccoli florets (about 2 stalks)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) gingerroot, julienned
Cooking Procedures :
- Sprinkle beef with 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, cornstarch and oyster sauce. Set aside.
- In a wok (or skillet), heat 1 tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry beef until browned but still pink inside, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add 1 tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil to wok. Stir-fry broccoli florets, garlic and ginger for a minute. Cover and steam for 2 minutes.
- Return beef and any accumulated juices to wok. Add oyster sauce mixture. Stir-fry until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Serves 4.
If you can’t find flank steak at the supermarket or butcher shop, thinly slice top sirloin grilling steak across the grain. Or use the beef stir-fry strips available at the meat counter. Serve this stir-fry with Asian rice noodles. Naturally gluten-free, they are available in a range of thicknesses and widths, are very quick to prepare and are a great alternative to rice.
great!!! i’ll try this…