· 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
· 1/4 cup soft margarine
· 2 egg whites
· 1/4 tsp. almond extract
· 3 cups fresh blueberries
· 1/3 cup granulated sugar
· 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
· 1 tbsp. lemon juice
· 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a 9 inch flan pan with removable bottom. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir in margarine, egg whites and almond extract to form dough. Press into 9 inch flan pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
1. In a bowl, mix together blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Pour over crust.
2. Place in the center rack of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer.
3. Remove from the oven. Cool on rack. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
– Try this recipe using wild or low-bush blueberries when they are in season. They have a delicious and more intense flavor than the cultivated variety.
– Blueberries are gaining in popularity because of their antioxidant properties. This delicious flan contains a minimal amount of fat.