A great recipe for breakfast or kid’s lunch at school.
· 1 cup unbleached white flour
· 1 cup whole wheat flour
· 2 tsp. baking powder
· pinch of salt
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 1 cup milk (or buttermilk)
· 4 tbsp. butter, melted
· 3 tbsp. maple syrup (or honey)
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare and butter 12-cup muffin tin or lined with paper cups. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, butter, syrup (or honey) and vanilla together. Transfer and pour to the dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin and place in the center of the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!