Adding caramel candies to an already-rich batter takes these brownies right over the top. Wow! Can’t you just taste them?
- 1 roll soft caramel-and-milk-chocolate candy (such as Rolo); Caramilk candy bar can be substituted for Rolo
- 4 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. butterscotch sauce
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a greased 8-inch square cake pan. Set aside.
- Cut each caramel-chocolate candy piece into quarters and set aside.
- In heavy saucepan, melt together bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly. Whisk in sugar and vanilla and add in eggs, one at a time, until shiny.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, half of the pecans, baking powder and salt. Stir gently into chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Transfer and spread into the prepared cake pan. Drizzle with half of the butterscotch sauce. Scatter caramel-chocolate candy and remaining pecans over top. Lightly press into batter with submerging. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Place the cake pan in the center of the oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cool on a rack. Cut into squares and serve.
- Makes 16 brownies.