· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 tsp. baking powder
· 1/4 tsp. baking soda
· 1/4 tsp. salt
· 1 cup melted butter
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
· 2 eggs, at room temperature
· 1/4 cup dates, coarsely chopped
· 1 cup fresh walnut, coarsely chopped
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lined bottom of an 8 inch square pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, beat melted butter and sugars together. Add eggs one at a time and continue beating until smooth and creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Add to butter mixture and stir until evenly blended.
4. Dust dates and walnuts with 1 tbsp. flour, combine until well coated. Add to the mixture. Mix and blend well.
5. Pour and spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until an even golden brown and cake tester insert comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven. Set aside to cool. Cut into bars. Wrap individually in colored cellophane wrappers or place in paper cups.