· 2/3 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
· 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
· 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
· 1/2 tsp. baking powder
· 3 tbsp. softened margarine
· 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
· 1 egg white, lightly beaten
· 2 tsp. water
· 1/4 tsp. vanilla
· 2 tbsp. raisins
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a cookie sheet. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together oat bran, rolled oats, flour and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, beat together margarine and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Stir in egg white, water and vanilla, mixing until thoroughly incorporated. Add flour mixture and mix well. Fold in raisins.
4. Drop by level tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. Using a fork or the bottom of a glass flatten slightly. Place in the center rack of the oven. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are slightly browned.
5. Remove from the oven. Cool on sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe makes a smaller batch of cookies than usual but it can be doubled, if desired.