· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 3 tsp. baking powder
· 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
· 1/2 cup cornmeal
· 1 cup milk
· 1 egg, beaten
· 1/4 cup peanut butter
· 1 tbsp. melted butter (or margarine)
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 muffin cups with low fat cooking spray or paper-lined. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Stir in cornmeal, mixing to blend well.
3. In a small bowl, combine milk, egg, peanut butter and melted butter (or margarine, if using). Add to dry ingredients, stirring until moistened and blended.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling cups three-quarters full. Place in the center rack of the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.