- 4 medium unpared potatoes
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- 1/4 cup French dressing
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
Cooking Procedures :
- Boil potatoes. Use enough water to cover potatoes and 1 tsp. salt. Cover and cook 30 to 35 minutes or until skins start to break and fork inserts slips in easily.
- Drain water and then cover potatoes with cold water and drain again. Cool slightly.
- Place potatoes on cutting board and pull off skins (use a fork to hold potatoes, if you like). Slice potatoes or cut in cubes. Place in salad bowl.
- Sprinkle in 1/4 tsp. salt and then add celery, onion, pickle relish, French dressing, and sliced eggs. Toss gently and chill thoroughly.
- Just before serving, fold in mayonnaise (or salad dressing).
- Serve in lettuce-lined bowl. Trim with more hard-cooked egg slices, if you like.
- To mince onions in a hurry, cut surface of onion in tiny squares and then cut across in thin slices.
- Toss salad gently so you won't break the potato and egg slices.