- 3 heads garlic, split head in 1/2
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and white pepper
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the garlic on a pie pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the center of the oven. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Squeeze or remove the garlic cloves from the head and place in a small bowl. Using a fork, mash the garlic until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes until fork tender for about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove pan from the heat. Drain the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes back in the pot and return to the heat. Stir the potatoes constantly for 2 to 3 minutes to dehydrate the potatoes.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat. Add the mashed garlic and the butter. Using a hand-held masher, mash the butter and garlic into the potatoes. Add enough cream until desired texture is achieved. The mashed potatoes should still be sort of lumpy. Season the mashed potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve.