- 3 firm (about 1 pound) Bosc pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare an 8 inch square baking dish. Set aside.
- Peeled pears cut in half and cored. Arrange cuts side up in the baking dish.
- Combine apple juice and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves and then whisk in the butter.
- Pour the sauce over the pears. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the pears are crisp-tender and beginning to brown, basting occasionally with the juices.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Spoon the pears onto plates. Top with ice cream (of your choice). Drizzle with any juices and serve.
- The pears can also be served frozen. To do so, cool the pears and then place them in the freezer until it becomes solid for about 8 hours.