- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. (250 g) sweet italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh bread crumbs, toasted
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) minced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) minced fresh parsley
- half pkg. (450 g pkg) frozen all-butter puff pastry, thawed and chilled
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) dijon mustard
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat 1 of the eggs until frothy. Blend in sausage, bread crumbs, onion, garlic and parsley. Set aside.
- On a flat surface, unroll pastry. Cut crosswise into three 10- x 3-1/2 in. (25 x 9 cm) strips. Brush with mustard. Spoon about one-third of the sausage mixture lengthwise down centre of each. Fold along sides over to cover filling and slightly overlap. Press edge to seal.
- Arrange rolls, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Cut each roll crosswise into 8 pieces, space about 1 in. (2.5 cm) apart. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Or freeze until firm, layer between waxed paper in airtight container and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Add 5 minutes to baking time.)
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg with 1 tbsp. (15 mL) water; brush over rolls. Bake in oven until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serves 24.