- 1 lb. large white beans
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Cooking Procedures :
- Soak beans overnight. Cook in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Sauté onions until soft and translucent.
- Add diced carrots, celery and tomato paste. Stir-fry for a few minutes. Add sugar, salt and pepper, and parsley. Cook and simmer until vegetables are tender (be careful not to over cook).
- Add the drained beans to the skillet and stir to blend. Correct seasonings. Cook for a few minutes to allow the seasoning to blend.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.