· 1-1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
· 1 tsp. baking powder
· 1/4 tsp. salt
· 1/4 cup softened butter (or margarine)
· 1/4 cup liquid honey
· 1/4 cup sesame paste (tahini)
· 1/2 tsp. almond extract
· 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly greased a cookie sheet. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, beat butter (or margarine, if using), honey, sesame paste and almond extract until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in sesame seeds.
4. Shape dough into an inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Using the tines of a fork dipped in flour, flatten, or using your hands, mold into crescent shapes (wet your hands first, if using to mold the dough). Place in the center rack of the oven. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to wire racks to cool completely.