- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped gingerroot
- 6 seeded and diced canned or fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Cooking Procedures :
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic and gingerroot and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and vinegar and cook until mixture thickens for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in coriander and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasonings. Cool.
- Makes about 1-1/2 cups.