- 1 lb. (500 g) lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) chili powder
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chili sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 2 small plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light sour cream
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
Cooking Procedures :
- In large nonstick skillet, sauté turkey over medium-high heat, breaking up with fork, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Add garlic, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Sauté over medium heat to blend flavours and evaporate liquid, about 6 minutes. Stir in chili sauce and green onions. Scrape into serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells in microwave oven at medium (50% power) for 30 seconds.
- Serve meat mixture and bowls of shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheese, sour cream and avocado for everyone to spoon into their taco shells.
- Serves 4.