- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil (optional)
Cooking Procedures :
- Warm the cream with the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts. Keep warm and set aside.
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and then add 1 tsp. of salt. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender. Drain.
- Pass the potatoes through a food mill or a ricer into a large mixing bowl. Alternatively, mashed potatoes by hand using a potato masher or wooden spoon.
- Stir in the warm cream and butter mixture until the cream is absorbed and the mixture is smooth. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and finish them off by stirring in olive oil (if using) a tbsp. at a time until desired consistency acquired.
Try the other 5 variations: