- 1 lb. pork, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup banana ketchup
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- bamboo sticks, for skewer
Cooking Procedures :
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, catsup, garlic, calamansi juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to blend well.
- Add pork cubes onto the marinade. Marinate meat for an hour, the least or over night, in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, soak bamboo sticks in water for at least 30 minutes to an hour (or even over night). This prevents the sticks in burning while grilling.
- Skew pork in bamboo sticks. If you want to use up the excess marinade, be sure to let it come to a boil first, before basting onto grilling meat, to destroy any harmful bacteria.
- Preheat grill over medium heat.
- Grill and baste pork until well cooked.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!
Try other variation: