Need to know how to cook pancit molo recipe or pancit molo soup? Guess what!? This filipino food, pancit molo, has the term “pancit” or “pansit” which means (noodles) in its name but actually doesn’t use any ingredient of noodles or “pancit” in its recipe. Unlike other pancit recipe, pancit molo is not dry but souply and does not used noodles but it uses either wonton, siomai or molo wrappers.
- 1 pack molo (or siomai/wonton) wrappers
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 lb. shrimps, chopped
- 1 small singkamas (turnip), chopped finely
- 1 small carrot, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 250 grams ground pork
- 100 grams sweet ham, chopped
- 100 grams shrimps, peeled
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
- fried garlic, to garnish
Cooking Procedures :
- Mix all ingredients for the filling. Get one molo wrapper and put a little filling in the center. Fold the wrapper, to make the two ends meet to seal. Repeat procedure to wrap all the fillings. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil. Sauté garlic and onions. Add in the pork, ham and shrimps. Cook for a few minutes and then add the broth.
- Bring to a boil and then drop in the stuffed molo wrappers. Season to taste. Cover and let it boil again. Reduce heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot. Topped with spring onions and fried garlic.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Have You Tried These Other Pancit Recipe?