- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, diced unpeeled (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
Cooking Procedures :
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tender for about 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking place buttermilk and milk into another small saucepan and cook over a very low heat until just warm. Be careful not to boil or milk will curdle. Remove from heat.
- Drain the potatoes well and then put in a mixing bowl. Add the warmed milk and mash together to desired consistency. Stir in Parmesan cheese and salt. Top with the butter and let it melt.
Try the other 5 variations: